•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron controller for 5i

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 danielvrolijk

danielvrolijk

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 July 2021 - 05:40 PM

I am wondering where I can acquire a controller for a Celestron 5i. Ours has some problems. It jerks rapidly on slewing which has me to believe something is either wrong with the backlash settings or the hand controller itself. Also once it slows down it does not do so smoothly. It has spot on GOTO slews though though when it is tracking and still and I press an arrow key it very rapidly basically jumps which makes it almost unusable. My budget is tight for something like this. I do not want to spend more than $60. the hand controller that is has is the old type which you cannot upgrade. I am unable to source this from Celestron as the model is quite old. To give you the idea of how old this is the its a grey(not orange) and the GPS is the older celestron one which will not work in this current day and age(even though it powers on)

If anyone has an idea of where to find one and or what to try let me know

Daniel V

Edited by danielvrolijk, 23 July 2021 - 05:41 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics