•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQDRIVE for Vixen GP2

Mount Astrophotography DIY EQ Accessories
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rkshar

Rkshar

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:54 PM

Hello all,
This topic has been discussed earlier, but I haven't seen the specific information I am looking for.

I have recently acquired a Vixen GP2 mount with Meade LXD55 motors and an autostar handset. The controller doesn't go beyond the error "Use this controller with ETX mount". I read somewhere that updating Autostar firmware will fix this. But I am planning of replacing the motors with EQDrive kit.

Here are the questions I have:

1. Has anyone used eqdrive on GP2 or similar mount? How has the performance been? I will be using the setup for the AP.

2. Can anyone suggest how long the exposures can I expect with this setup with SW 80ED?

3. Eqdrive vs eqstar? Can anyone recommend pros and cons?

4. Does using one of these kits impact the payload capacity of the mount? I believe GP2 can manage upto 7kgs.

If there is anything else that you would like to share from your experience, please do let me know.

Thanks for looking.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mount, Astrophotography, DIY, EQ, Accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics