•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

An Active Day On The Sun: 25/07/2021

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:37 PM

Well, more so than it has been for awhile.

I grabbed a few quick videos this morning. Threw the best of what I had (the third one, actually) into AutoStakkert and ... nothing! The analyze button was not active ... grayed out. And version three wasn't opening.  A day or so ago I downloaded AutoStakkert 3 and installed it, but  I still had AutoStakkert 2.6.8 installed. So when I clicked on my third video that version opened it. So i manually went to version three and opened it there. The analyze button was visible, but pressing it resulted in nothing ... no graph ... just an x. And I couldn't delete either version ... not with my Remove or Add program utility. Ended up deleting the file folders for both versions 3 and 2.6.8 and unzipped the 2.6.8 version again which I still had in my download file. Tried the third video again ... same result. Nothing. 

So about that time I woke up and decided to try another of the other videos I had downloaded. It worked. Then I tried another one or two. One of them did. One didn't. Guess the two that didn't must have been corrupted some way. Anyway, a very frustrating morning!

51335532630_a5f1a1f463_k.jpgAn Active Day On Our Sun by Zircon_215, on Flickr

Edited by BeltofOrion, 25 July 2021 - 01:55 PM.

• Kenny V., SgrB2, rigel123 and 7 others like this

#2 descott12

descott12

Gemini

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:59 PM

Wow so much going on lately. I have had nothing but solid white/cloudy skies for  most of a week now.

• chemman likes this

#3 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:04 PM

It's been exactly like that here for the past five or six days, Dave. And rain with it!

#4 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:06 PM

I always check the first image on this site before setting up my scope ... just to see if it's worthwhile or not. This morning it certainly seemed as if it wouldn't be a waste of time. Check it out.

https://tesis.lebede...n_pictures.html

Edited by BeltofOrion, 25 July 2021 - 02:06 PM.

#5 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:17 PM

Haven’t seen that much activity on a disk in a long time, nice shot!

#6 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:25 PM

Thanks, Warren!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics