•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Imaging Session Auto Shutdown Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kisslija

Kisslija

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:46 PM

A quick question for everyone. I’ve been imaging with SharpCap and controlling my SCT using Celestron’s CPWI. I have been staying up and shutting everything down at night when I’ve acquired enough data. I would like to just leave my rig outside and go to bed while the session is running but I do not know how to have it automatically shutdown at a predetermined time. I believe you can do this with NINA but that would require me learning a new acquisition software. Has anyone down this while using SharpCap? I’m open to suggestions.

Jeff

#2 dswtan

dswtan

Viking 1

• Loc: Morgan Hill, CA

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:14 PM

It's coming/arrived in SharpCap 4: https://www.sharpcap...in-sharpcap-4-0. I haven't been following the sequencer progress as 4 as come out of beta recently, but check it out.

#3 Kisslija

Kisslija

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:08 PM

Nice, thank you for the heads-up! I was not aware this version was released, I just downloaded it and may give it a shot tonight.

#4 matt_astro_tx

matt_astro_tx

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:57 PM

Having your rig auto shutdown is awesome! I realize this is unrelated but I do it with my ASIAir all the time. Setup the run, click go, and head to bed. When it’s done it shuts down and the camera isn’t running all night. It’s a great feature. Enjoy.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics