•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

MacOS software to control iOptron AZ Mount Pro via WiFi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Mace

Kevin_Mace

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: McDonald Observatory, TX

Posted 25 July 2021 - 05:07 PM

Hi everyone, I just received my iOptron AZ Mount Pro from Astronomics a few days ago.  While it continues to be cloudy here, today I've been familiarizing myself with the operation of the mount.  I don't plan to use it often with external software control, but I would like to know how to do it.  I understand that iOS apps like Sky Safari 6 can control the mount, but I don't have a tablet, and a phone is too darn small for me to see/use any astronomy apps efficiently.

The AZ Mount Pro has built-in WiFi capability, so that's half the battle.

So my question is ... are there favorite apps (MacOS, not iOS nor WindowsOS) that you use to control your iOptron mount via WiFi?  I don't want to mess around with cables, so I'm really looking for WiFi control.

Thank you for your suggestions and tips!

-Kevin

#2 Xeroid

Xeroid

Vanguard

• Loc: USA

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:23 PM

Get an Android 10 inch tablet OR Chromebook , install SkySafari 6 Plus, easy to use, not very expensive these days and it WORKS, 

#3 Paul Skee

Paul Skee

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County, CA (near Disneyland)

Posted 25 July 2021 - 10:07 PM

I connect to and run my AZM Pro from my MacBook Pro (10.15) with SkySafari 5 Plus. Just confirmed the new iMac (M1 chip) also connects with SkySafari 6 Plus.

• KJL likes this

#4 GaryShaw

GaryShaw

Apollo

• Loc: Massachusetts / Wyoming

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:54 AM

Sky Safari 6 Pro works great
  • KJL likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics