•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter with GRS and Saturn with satellites on July 24

Planet Imaging Celestron
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cqyfh

cqyfh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:07 AM

Hi guys, after weeks of rainy days, I finally got one clear night in Troy, NY.
Transparency and seeing are both good, and I tried to combine the satellites with Saturn for the first time!

Celestron C8HD + ZWO ADC + TV 2.5x + qhy462C

Jupiter

2021-07-24-0446_5-U-RGB_Jup_DeRot_grad4_ap48.jpg

Saturn

2021-07-24-0532_4-U-RGB-Sat_grad4_ap34.jpg

When I was collimating the axis, I saw one black spot on top of the image several times. It will rotate with the camera while I didn't notice any huge dust on my CMOS. Does anyone have some suggestions about it? I will appreciate any kind of feedback!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Thanks!

Qiyun

• lukasik, tboss70, Kenny V. and 13 others like this

#2 Ayaan Hashim

Ayaan Hashim

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Possibly Bortle 8-9, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:17 AM

'GRS' means the great red spot, right?

I am STUNNED by the image of Saturn-and the colors in the image of jupiter are..amazing

Great work!waytogo.gif

#3 cqyfh

cqyfh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:26 AM

'GRS' means the great red spot, right?

I am STUNNED by the image of Saturn-and the colors in the image of jupiter are..amazing

Great work!waytogo.gif

Thank you!

Yes, I think the great red spot of Jupiter is too well known, so 'GRS' is always used for it.

I like this color too, so I actually learned it from others' posts. Just increase the brightness and the saturation to make it more dreamy.

#4 Tulloch

Tulloch

Gemini

• Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:11 PM

Hi guys, after weeks of rainy days, I finally got one clear night in Troy, NY.
Transparency and seeing are both good, and I tried to combine the satellites with Saturn for the first time!

Celestron C8HD + ZWO ADC + TV 2.5x + qhy462C

When I was collimating the axis, I saw one black spot on top of the image several times. It will rotate with the camera while I didn't notice any huge dust on my CMOS. Does anyone have some suggestions about it? I will appreciate any kind of feedback!

attachicon.gifezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Thanks!

Qiyun

Nice images, always like capturing the moons of Saturn :).

To get rid of the dust spot (looks to me like it's on the barlow or the IR cut filter) I use pure electronics grade IPA and a cotton bud. Make sure you try to blow off the dust first with an air blower or camel's hair brush, but if that doesn't work the IPA is the next step. 

You can buy the air blower and brush from a camera shop, get a kit that used for cleaning lenses (like this).

https://www.teds.com...-1-cleaning-kit

• cqyfh likes this

#5 cqyfh

cqyfh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:51 AM

Nice images, always like capturing the moons of Saturn smile.gif.

To get rid of the dust spot (looks to me like it's on the barlow or the IR cut filter) I use pure electronics grade IPA and a cotton bud. Make sure you try to blow off the dust first with an air blower or camel's hair brush, but if that doesn't work the IPA is the next step. 

You can buy the air blower and brush from a camera shop, get a kit that used for cleaning lenses (like this).

https://www.teds.com...-1-cleaning-kit

Thank you! I will try it tonight!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Planet, Imaging, Celestron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics