•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Features on the disc July 27th

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:12 PM

Here are some double stack images out of the LUNT LS50THA today with asi290mm mini. As usual they are uneven. I did a little testing mostly rotating the camera in the barrel and did notice the unevenness or perhaps its vignetting did seem to be noticable on the screen. Maybe the small sensor is too close to the blocking filter? I also did a little testing moving the disc around the frame to watch things.

Yet more tests where run (not showing here) with the asi1600mm and 2.5x powermate screwed to camera with the televue t-adapter. It almost focused, I think it's a spacing issue. It was really difficult to focus as it was fairly soft and seemed on a knife edge. Also seemed to change the tuning of the scope and also had tons of newton's rings. 

Anyway today's attempts... Minimal processing.

Attached Thumbnails

• feature1.jpg
  • feature2.jpg
  • feature3.jpg

• rigel123, deepwoods1, hopskipson and 3 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics