•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter - July 27, 2021

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yock1960

yock1960

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: (Crossroad of clouds) Ohio, USA

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:31 PM

I don't know if the moon was in the 7th House....and Jupiter, from my perspective, was not aligned with Mars...but both were in Aquarius...and in a manner of speaking...you could say that 'peace' or perhaps calmness...guided the planet...for a little while anyway. flowerred.gif

So much for the flower child vibe. Started imaging a bit before 2AM and within a half hour seeing had fallen off to...okay...but not equal to the start of the session.

Image is 5x3 minutes.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• 2021-07-27-0553_9-L.jpg

• jgraham, Sunspot, John Miele and 14 others like this

#2 Stellar1

Stellar1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Juuuust outside Toronto

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:58 PM

Some awesome detail in this image.

• yock1960 likes this

#3 John Miele

John Miele

Aurora

• Loc: North Alabama

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:22 PM

Everyone gets nice belt detail, but when you start to see all those delicate swirls and ovals closer to the poles, then you know the image is a good one and that is what you have been really bringing out well lately...waytogo.gif !

• yock1960 likes this

#4 jgraham

jgraham

ISS

• Loc: Miami Valley Astronomical Society

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:37 PM

Gorgeous! I love the color and detail in oval BA.

I was out at the same time up here. Did you see Europa emerge from behind Jupiter? It was just starting to peek over the limb when I slewed over to finish my setup. Seeing was on the good side of fair. I may be catching a plume from my neighbors air conditioner. :( I left Autostakkert grinding away while I'm at work. 

Most excellent!

• yock1960 likes this

#5 yock1960

yock1960

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: (Crossroad of clouds) Ohio, USA

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:54 PM

Gorgeous! I love the color and detail in oval BA.

I was out at the same time up here. Did you see Europa emerge from behind Jupiter? It was just starting to peek over the limb when I slewed over to finish my setup. Seeing was on the good side of fair. I may be catching a plume from my neighbors air conditioner. frown.gif I left Autostakkert grinding away while I'm at work. 

Most excellent!

Thanks John. I saw both Europa and Io duck out from behind Jupiter. I should probably have enlarged my cutout, but didn't. I don't do my best critical thinking at that time of day! wink.gif

Steve

#6 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Hubble

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:36 PM

flowerred.gif flowerred.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics