Been in and out of amateur astronomy for many years. Last scope was an Orion EQ130. I sold it before I moved out west over fear of breakage during the move.
I've had my eye on the Orion XX12G or XX14G Go-To. Finally pulled the plug and ordered the XX12G (XX14G is $700 more). On the date of order it was expected to ship by September 3rd. A couple days ago it was delayed until September 23rd.
Because I'm beginning to get nervous, I've already received the light shroud, cases, and other items so I checked the website today. The XX12G is listed as no longer available for purchase. After a quick call and long wait on hold I was told they are expecting more to fill outstanding orders but aren't sure when the XX12G will be available for new orders again. To make me more nervous they didn't guarantee my order would be filled. They actually said they'll notify me if they can't fulfill my order.....
How is their customer service and how well do they stand behind their name? I was undecided between the XX12G and XX14G and went with the 12 mainly because of lower weight first and lower price. But what if They can't get me a 12?
I prefer their truss tube design because of stability over other designs. So the choice for me would be to jump up to the XX14G.
If I have to make another choice, Will they take back the XX12G specific accessories without penalty to me?
What would the chances be of asking for and getting a price break on the XX14G? (I'm going to ask for it)
I mean it isn't my fault they offered something to order but can't fulfill but I do have to deal with being in the unknown and possibly return items and go in a different direction including the hassles that comes with.
What are my chances of a satisfactory resolution?
Thoughts and Comments are greatly appreciated.
Out in Limbo (Mike)
Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Edited by Meterman, 28 July 2021 - 06:18 PM.