•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help to identify my eye defect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Turner

Richard Turner

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:58 PM

I am a 66 year old amateur of some years of experience.  Of late I notice a dark object which appears in my vision when I view an out of focus star. In the drawing I have made, you see a disc of light of an defocused star, with the secondary shadow in the center. Note the dark area that almost looks like a bat with wings. When I rotate my head, the dark area rotates also. And while I am not seeking medical advice, has anyone seen anything similar to this? I do have moderate cataracts. And the vitreous humor has pulled away from my retina, but no retinal tear. This is not unusual at my age. Anyone care to help me identify what is going on here?

Thanks,

Richard 

#2 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Voyager 1

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:04 PM

I am a 66 year old amateur of some years of experience.  Of late I notice a dark object which appears in my vision when I view an out of focus star. In the drawing I have made, you see a disc of light of an defocused star, with the secondary shadow in the center. Note the dark area that almost looks like a bat with wings. When I rotate my head, the dark area rotates also. And while I am not seeking medical advice, has anyone seen anything similar to this? I do have moderate cataracts. And the vitreous humor has pulled away from my retina, but no retinal tear. This is not unusual at my age. Anyone care to help me identify what is going on here?

Thanks,

Richard 

Please attach the drawing.    Tom

#3 jmiller1001

jmiller1001

Messenger

• Loc: Santa Cruz and Carmel, CA

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:41 PM

Please delete this post as you have a dupicate.

#4 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama & Gold Star Award Winner

• Moderators
  • Loc: montana

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:48 PM

Please continue the conversation here.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics