•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

how do I connect my QHY163m to Astrophotograhy Tool ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BABOafrica

BABOafrica

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Nairobi (Kenya)

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:47 AM

I have the APT software on my laptop. I started using it many years ago when I started out with a Canon 450D DSLR for AP.

Even now, when I start up the APT software and connect my camera to the laptop, the program connects very easily to the Canon DSLR. I just have to choose CANON camera and press CONNECT and I'm connected.

In the tab where you choose what kind of camera you have, APT does offer a similar choice for the QHY camera. Instead, I have to choose ASCOM. After choosing ASCOM, the APT software does not seem capable to figuring out that I have a QHY connected to my laptop (as it would so easily detect the connection for my Canon DSLR).

My laptop has the ASCOM program loaded into the computer -- I have been using it to run my Atlas EQ-G.

How do I get APT to connect to my QHY163m ???

Thanks,

Joe

PS  In the meantime, I am using SharpCap. But I would like to try APT to run the QHY163m.

#2 unimatrix0

unimatrix0

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:37 AM

You have the ASCOM loaded for your mount, but do you also have the ASCOM driver for your camera? 

Did you install the latest QHY native and ASCOM drivers? 

• BABOafrica likes this

#3 Wilsil

Wilsil

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Perth, WA AUSTRALIA

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:39 AM

I have used my 268M with APT.

What unimatrix0 said, download the files from their website.

If you can, use the native drivers instead of ASCOM.

#4 BABOafrica

BABOafrica

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Nairobi (Kenya)

Posted 03 August 2021 - 11:58 PM

I got the ASCOM driver working now. Thanks.

Joe

• Wilsil likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics