•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Nexstar 5se

Astrophotography Cassegrain Celestron Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vipresh

Vipresh

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:12 AM

Hello,

Been wanting a telescope all my life but I have been able to afford it just now. So I did a lot of research and went ahead and got the celestron nexstar 5 se. I even got the eye piece kit with it. I have been wanting to take some images of nebulae and galaxies. Is it possible to get decent images with this telescope? I got good enough images of jupiter and saturn.

Best,

Vipresh

Edited by Vipresh, 29 July 2021 - 08:12 AM.

#2 Migwan

Migwan

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Meeechigan

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:05 AM

Welcome to CN.

Depends on which galaxies and nebula you look at.  Brighter and more compact ones like M82 and M42 will please you for sure.  The dimmer less compact ones will be more difficult, especially if your skies are light polluted.  

If you do target one you can't happen to see very well, then your not alone.  There's a lot out there I can't see with my C11.   On the other hand there are plenty of targets we both can see, so go get 'em with that fine scope you got there.

Edited by Migwan, 29 July 2021 - 09:05 AM.

#3 firemachine69

firemachine69

Ranger 4

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:23 AM

You're not going to get anything terribly good with the stock Nexstar 5se, the weakness is the mount and long "F" ratio. Enjoy it visually and start doing some research for deep sky astrophotography. It isn't very intuitive to start. 

Edited by firemachine69, 29 July 2021 - 09:23 AM.

#4 garyc11

garyc11

Gemini

• Loc: western ny

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:08 AM

hello and welcome to cn

i started out with a c5 and a zwo 224 and got some decent images

you will need a focal reducer and a bahtinov mask 

stuff like m27 m57 m51 and especially globular clusters like m13 turn out nice.

check out the eaa forum for more info

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Cassegrain, Celestron, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics