•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro hand controller

Astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mstecker

mstecker

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:23 PM

I have an old Astro-Physics 900 mount without GOTO.  I would like to upgrade to a GOTO mount to use with my Astro-Physics 5 and possibly 6-inch EDF Starfire refractors and a C-11,  I am considering the Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro, but noticed the hand controller has a very small window (about 1/3 the size of IOptron).  Will this be a problem?  Are the fonts smaller than iOptron and are they more difficult to read?  Are there any negatives to the Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro when using it with a C-11 for both visual and astrophotography?

#2 Ron-Fr

Ron-Fr

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Way too close to Paris, France

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:54 PM

I own a EQ6-R Pro with a C8 on it and even though I don't use the hand controller that much (the mount is mostly plugged into a Raspberry Pi), I find it easy to use. Whether it's hard to read depends on your sight, but if you don't have any specific sight issues, you won't have trouble reading it. You can adjust luminosity as needed.

Edited by Ron-Fr, 31 July 2021 - 04:55 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics