•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Watcher 2" draw tubes... thread size?

Accessories Refractor Equipment DIY
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spectrum222

Spectrum222

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:13 PM

Does anyone know the thread size off the Skywatcher standard R&P focus tubes, if one was to remove the standard 2" collar with the standard set screws on it?

I am wanting to replace this with a Baader click lock and want to make sure i order the right one. Scope is not in yet, so want to solve this before arrival! 

Thanks in advance if anyone knows! I know Baader has a M57 for Skywatcher/Synta, but not sure if that is the one I need. 

Cheers,

Darren

#2 petert913

petert913

Aurora

• Loc: Silverton, OR

Posted 31 July 2021 - 05:35 PM

Contact Skywatcher or Skywatcher USA.  I'm sure they can answer your questions quickly.

#3 Spectrum222

Spectrum222

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:30 PM

Just heard back and also verified with my Buddies' Orion 80ED stock focuser. M56 male threads. 

So for those curious, the stock R&P drawtube has M56 threads when the 2"-T2 collar is threaded off. 

For those wanting one - the correct Baader click lock adapter is:

#2956256 - M56i x 1 threaded adapter

Darren

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Refractor, Equipment, DIY

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics