•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 6729

Beginner DSLR DSO Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MachansKid

MachansKid

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 31 July 2021 - 10:09 PM

This is still a work in progress but so far its the result of 4 hours focused on NGC 6729. Still got another 4 hours or so to go on it and it a learning exercise for me on a lower magnitude target. Its my second real target in Astrophotography, really to learn more about capture and signal processing on a dimmer target. Learning how to process on each colour channel in Photoshop has been a lot of fun so far, just playing and trying setting to see what happens. 

Imaging telescopes or lenses: Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 Stock lens

Imaging cameras: Canon EOS 100D/SL1

Mounts: Saxon HEQ 5 PRO

Guiding telescopes or lenses: ZWO 30F4 guidescope ZWO 30F4

Guiding cameras: Zwo ASI120MM-S

Software: N.I.N.A  ·  Deep Skystacker  ·  Photoshop  ·  PHD2  ·  EQMOD EQASCOM  ·  stellarium

Attached Thumbnails

• NGC 6729.png

• chrysalis, ram812, Gipht and 4 others like this

#2 DaveB

DaveB

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:29 PM

Very well done for a second target! Interestingly, there are a couple of DSOs that are more prominent than the not-very-bright Bright Nebula NGC 6729. The prominent dark nebula is Bernes 157 (BE 157), and you have the globular cluster NGC 6723 just above NGC 6729.

If you can get some more color saturation with Photoshop, you might start to see some blue appear in 6729. Nevertheless, as I said, a great second image!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beginner, DSLR, DSO, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics