•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexdome Shutter Calibration Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drwazza

Drwazza

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:27 PM

Hello Everyone, I have a home made dome that I'm adapting the nextdome rotation/shutter kit to operate.

The rotation setup is working perfectly now ( after upgrading the motor to handle a larger load) however, the shutter is being problematic.

I have installed the motor on the left-hand side and switched the rotation according but when I try to calibrate the shutters full travel limit switches, under the ASCOM configuration, the shutter opens for a few seconds then stops, the software displays a calibration error and asks if I would like to try again?

If I repeat the sequence again the shutter moves open for a few steps then stops. The manual rocker switch works perfectly to control the open/close movement.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks Wazza

P.S. I have also posted on the Nexdome forum but my impatience led me here.

#2 ClownFish

ClownFish

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Edgewood, New Mexico

Posted 01 August 2021 - 04:20 PM

I've never seen that issue before, but then again, I use the INDI driver not ASCOM.  

#3 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Joelton, TN

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:50 AM

Hello Everyone, I have a home made dome that I'm adapting the nextdome rotation/shutter kit to operate.

The rotation setup is working perfectly now ( after upgrading the motor to handle a larger load) however, the shutter is being problematic.

I have installed the motor on the left-hand side and switched the rotation according but when I try to calibrate the shutters full travel limit switches, under the ASCOM configuration, the shutter opens for a few seconds then stops, the software displays a calibration error and asks if I would like to try again?

If I repeat the sequence again the shutter moves open for a few steps then stops. The manual rocker switch works perfectly to control the open/close movement.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks Wazza

P.S. I have also posted on the Nexdome forum but my impatience led me here.

Did you get this resolved? I had the same issue and reached out. Assuming you’re on the new Beaver-based shutter model, you need to reset the stored limits on the shutter board, then run another calibration. I expect the next firmware release to include this reset as part of the calibration routine —

One thing worth trying is to perform a "factory reset" for the shutter unit. You can do so, from the "Beaver advanced settings and test", there is a tab called "Advanced" where you can send a command to the devices.

I'm assuming you have the rotation unit connected, if so, please type there:

dome sendtoshutter "seletek resetfs 1"

... click send, you should receive:

dome sendtoshutter "seletek resetfs 1":0

Then, reset the shutter by typing:

dome sendtoshutter "seletek reboot"

... and please try a new calibration.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics