•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Winjupos first time

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:17 AM

So this program is a little beyond me, I’m not sure if I’m doing it right yet and I did post process differently…. However I can see a sharpness difference on the winjopus image on the bottem… I purposely chose the worst image I had taken the other night to see if there was an improvement… this was only a 2 minute image though…. Supposedly this program excels at correcting longer…… it took forever to convert the ser but I guess if we want our images to look the best then it may be worth it

Attached Thumbnails

• 2D144162-0EBE-4647-B474-D8EBD645E6F2.png

Edited by GSBass, 01 August 2021 - 12:19 AM.

• lukasik and WarmWeatherGuy like this

#2 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:48 AM

I’m running another ser, perhaps having a better grasp using the correct times and reference image, however 40 minute on a 3 minute ser and it’s only halfway done…. My computer is an i7 so just thinking this must really be intensive processing, it would be nice to just have this derotate function in Astrosurface….. with out getting in to the nuts and bolts it just seems like all processing programs should be able to do this. I guess it’s worthy but the time needed sure seems like it could be improved upon, derotation after selecting the best 20% to stack obviously would be a lot faster

#3 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:53 AM

You can also use it to derotate a series of stacked images instead of derotating the entire video.  Much faster and similar if not identical results.

#4 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:10 AM

It was just to big of a lift for me to figure it out the first time around…. But obviously takes so long to do an entire ser that it’s understandable why most don’t mess with it…. But also can imagine a greater benefit of using this program to combine several back to back processed images taken over a 10 minute period….. honestly do think this should be incorporated in to other programs though, once you get a grip of what it’s doing and how it works it just seems like it should be a fundamental function of any planetary processing program

You can also use it to derotate a series of stacked images instead of derotating the entire video.  Much faster and similar if not identical results.

#5 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Aurora

• Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 01 August 2021 - 10:55 AM

Really?  I found Winjupos to be very intuitive the first time I used it (a ton of versions ago). The basics haven't really changed.

Starting from the left menu - pick your planet (Program - Celestial Body - Jupiter)

Then measure your first image (Recording - Image Measurement)

Use the F11 key to auto-measure Jupiter (only works for Jupiter)

Save the measurement file with F2

Press F7 to view the other image files in the same folder

If you captured (optimally) with FireCapture, the outline won't need moving. Save each measurement file with F2. Repeat until all measured.

Jump over to Tools - Derotation of Images

Load up your IMS (measurement) files

Press F12 to compile your master image.

Maybe it takes a while working for a German company to learn to think in a particular way regarding using apps :)

• GSBass likes this

#6 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:17 PM

My 2nd attempt, I just had it process the whole ser, took 2 hours, but fun to learn, I’ll do individual images next time I try

Attached Thumbnails

• AE42606C-07FD-4002-963D-CBA9433B1CA8.jpeg

• Humble Narrator and Sarciness like this

#7 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:27 PM

Really? I found Winjupos to be very intuitive the first time I used it (a ton of versions ago). The basics haven't really changed.

Starting from the left menu - pick your planet (Program - Celestial Body - Jupiter)
Then measure your first image (Recording - Image Measurement)
Use the F11 key to auto-measure Jupiter (only works for Jupiter)
Save the measurement file with F2
Press F7 to view the other image files in the same folder
If you captured (optimally) with FireCapture, the outline won't need moving. Save each measurement file with F2. Repeat until all measured.
Jump over to Tools - Derotation of Images
Load up your IMS (measurement) files
Press F12 to compile your master image.

Maybe it takes a while working for a German company to learn to think in a particular way regarding using apps :)

Ouch!!

#8 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 01 August 2021 - 02:04 PM

Lol… being told people are smarter than you is not exactly a surprise here, I find photoshop anti intuitive too :)

Ouch!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics