•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI2600MM and QHY 268M with respective filter wheels

CMOS Astrophotography Equipment Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sperho

sperho

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: East Tennessee

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:28 PM

Not sure if this belongs in this forum or the equipment forum; please move if necessary.

I'm going to purchase either the ZWO ASI2600MM or the QHY 268M with the corresponding 7 position filter wheel (ZWO "new" EFW for the ASI or the CFW3M-US QHY wheel for the 268M). I've read quite a bit about each system and after several months of slight variations on what's included in the box post-launch, I'm gathering that other than the readout modes and USB hub/filter wheel connectivity methods that these two systems are functionally identical and can be out into an imaging train with the same back focus with the addition or subtraction of various adapter plates which may or may not come in the box. To those that know for sure, is this correct? If not, what are the salient differences in the mechanical configuration capabilities of these two system?  Note that I am not going to use an OAG immediately, but I would like to consider one in the future for use with SCTs, so differences there are also germane. Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS, Astrophotography, Equipment, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics