•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Parks Optical Observatory GEM for 12.5" Newtonian

Mount Observatory
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 JimRitt

JimRitt

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Montana

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:47 AM

The clock drive hub gear has now been repaired.  The cracked composite piece was replaced with a new part milled out of delrin material.  Reassembled the gear and checked it out on the scope last night.  Tracking now works and clutch mechanism on the gear also work for manual pointing.  A few pictures of the new part (the black component of the hub gear construction) are attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• new delrin part bottom.jpg
  • new delrin part top.jpg

• mikerepp likes this

#27 Taylor

Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Owasso, OK

Posted 13 August 2021 - 01:42 PM

Looks great! Glad to hear everything is working well
  • JimRitt likes this

#28 SteveGR

SteveGR

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Western Michigan

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:30 PM

Hopefully you get some clear weather, so you can really evaluate the performance both optically and mechanically.  I knew a person with what I believe was a similar Parks that said his performed quite well.

I wish I had some good weather.  Have had lots of clouds, rain, and smoke from out west ruining my skies.

• JimRitt likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mount, Observatory

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics