•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gregory2012

Gregory2012

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Gig Harbor,WA.

Posted 02 August 2021 - 10:24 PM

I'm hoping there is a work around, I have two of them.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hQzlzClVzr0

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

• astrokeith and Dynan like this

#2 michael8554

michael8554

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 03 August 2021 - 04:47 AM

Well said Gregory, a compelling message to ZWO.

Have you tried plugging the ZWO into a USB2 hub plugged into your USB3 port ?

#3 Applal

Applal

Viking 1

• Loc: Larsen, WI

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:21 PM

As Michael8554 suggested, try a hub in between. 
I had an AIR Pro connected USB3 (port on the Pro) to a 7 port powered USB3 hub.

From there all my connections went out to cameras, filter wheels, focusers and mount. 
And everything worked.

Then I changed to an Ioptron CEM70g, and, while my “top mounted” AIR Pro worked precisely the same, I was keen on utilizing the mount’s built in power and USB3 ports.

Long story short, the USB3 of the AIR Pro was not compatible with the USB3 of the mount. I could still connect to and control the mount but none of the built in USB3 ports would work reliably.

So much for the universal in USB!

The fix for my setup was to plug the USB3 in on the mount to one of the USB2 ports on the AIR Pro.

Using the previously mentioned hub, yielded no better result UNLESS I plugged the hub into one of the USB2 ports on the AIR. 

ZWO concedes this works but is unwilling to say it’s their problem, and Ioptron also seems unwilling to admit or address. And, fwiw, it works, so I am ok with it. Hoping at some point one or both of these companies addresses the issue with a firmware update.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics