•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

help identifying diagonal with lens

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kjmirage

kjmirage

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:42 PM

i need some help identifying a lens that was threaded into an older prism diagonal. This came from an old C8 kit, and was in a box labelled "R F A-ADAPTOR" . there are no markings on it anywhere.  i thought the lens was a focal reducer, but after attaching the lens to my William Optic diagonal, and my Meade 2080, i am not so sure.  the lens assembly has standard SCT threads and the lens assembly threaded into my William Optics diagonal perfectly.  so i tested it and i had to add about 8" of back focus to focus it.  i had it set with the lens, my diagonal, a porro prism then @5" focal extender.  the image was not very good.  am i missing something with this lens?  i wouldn't think a standard 6.3 focal reducer would require that much back focus.  please see the attached pictures.  i am relatively new to this game and was looking for a focal reducer to try out.  this came from an older C8 set up my uncle was given as a gift.    

diagonal.jpg diagonal 2.jpg

#2 kjmirage

kjmirage

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:45 PM

a couple of more pictures diagonal 3.jpg diagonal 4.jpg

#3 kjmirage

kjmirage

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 August 2021 - 11:52 PM

diag box.jpg picture of the box it was in

#4 PatrickVt

PatrickVt

Viking 1

• ****-
  • Loc: Vermont, US

Posted 03 August 2021 - 12:40 AM

This thread might help...  https://www.cloudyni...n-rfa-diagonal/

Patrick

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics