•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter through Mewlon 180 and a Fuji XT3...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 osbourne one-nil

osbourne one-nil

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cumbria, England 54.5ºN 2.5ºW

Posted 04 August 2021 - 05:53 AM

...and A LOT of atmosphere. This was taken at 11.30pm last night with Jupiter just 10º above the horizon. It was my first attempt at stacking a video and I'm chuffed I got anything that resembles the planet. To make out the great red spot is amazing. My 5yr old's face lit up when he saw this and is now looking at You Tube videos about the planets. 

I was amazed by the view of Jupiter and Saturn last night through the Mewlon. To get the best views I have ever had, when both were so low in the sky, shows what a fabulous scope a Mewlon is. 

DSCF4928_pipp.jpg

• Sunspot, tboss70, coinboy1 and 3 others like this

#2 coinboy1

coinboy1

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Tulsa, OK

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:02 AM

Thats a great shot! I have the same camera! Did you do a video crop mode?

• osbourne one-nil likes this

#3 osbourne one-nil

osbourne one-nil

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cumbria, England 54.5ºN 2.5ºW

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:12 AM

No, it's a bit of a faff to be honest, but I brought the video (a 4k file) into PIPP, converted it from .mov to .avi and cropped it in there, then staked the resulting file in Registax. It would be simpler if I could work out how to get the camera to record in .avi mode. 

To be honest, I don't know quite what I did...I was in a Teams meeting at the time...but it gave me something to do!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics