•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IRIS nebula- managed to grab a bit of RGB data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2021 - 12:14 PM

I've managed to add some RGB data to the Iris nebula mage that I'm working on. I still need a lot more data to remove much of the noise.

The current details are:

C14 Edge using the reducer FL 2730 mm

Camera ASI6200 MM Pro at 3x3 bin; Baader LRGB 50x50 mm square filters; 60 second subs; 150 L, 50 each in RGB

Image scale 0.84 arc secs per pixel

This is an image under development so I will post updates as I acquire more data.

As always comments invited. A larger version is here https://www.astrobin.../full/dslk6i/0/

Best wishes

Mark

RGB_DEV1_CN.jpg

Edited by pyrasanth, 05 August 2021 - 12:24 PM.

• DuncanM, havasman and wxcloud like this

#2 wxcloud

wxcloud

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 05 August 2021 - 12:46 PM

Can't get over the fact how the core of the nebula looks like a keyhole... Or trap! Nice work! Love the blue glow.
  • pyrasanth likes this

#3 TelescopeGreg

TelescopeGreg

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Auburn, California, USA

Posted 05 August 2021 - 01:46 PM

Can't get over the fact how the core of the nebula looks like a keyhole... Or trap! Nice work! Love the blue glow.

I used an image I took last year as my Christmas card, with a caption calling it the light at the end of the tunnel of darkness that was the year 2020.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics