•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Screw sizes from Meade 10 inch OTA fork mount

Meade
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cr3ddy

cr3ddy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2021 - 01:11 PM

Friends,

Does anyone have the screw dimensions for a Meade 10 inch SCT Fork mount.  There are 3 screws on each side that attach the fork to the OTA.  I need the dimensions please.

Thanks
CR.

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 05 August 2021 - 02:40 PM

If you're talking about the ones that go into the OTA itself, I found the cheapest easiest method is to buy the Harbor Freight ballhead allen set for SAE sizes it's like $7 and has proper sizes for pretty much any allen head on the LX telescopes... https://www.harborfr...-set-94680.html

• Rick-T137 likes this

#3 cr3ddy

cr3ddy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2021 - 03:34 PM

If you're talking about the ones that go into the OTA itself, I found the cheapest easiest method is to buy the Harbor Freight ballhead allen set for SAE sizes it's like $7 and has proper sizes for pretty much any allen head on the LX telescopes... https://www.harborfr...-set-94680.html

Thanks. I was looking for the dimensions of the screws themselves.  Length and thread.  I have an OTA, and a Fork, but have no screws!  If someone has the dimensions, I need to buy the 6 screws.

#4 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:48 PM

Ooops.... search the Meade forum, we had a similar question on there a month or so ago. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meade

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics