•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Short Jupiter movie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mborland

mborland

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:42 PM

We had poor transparency last night, but good seeing for Chicago, so I tried some Jupiter imaging. The result is this little movie

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

jupiter-2021-08-04.jpg

Unfortunately, because of trees and cable snag during a meridian flip, I couldn't start until the GRS was well across the disk, and my images have a big gap.

Details: C9.25 Edge HD, 2x Powermate, Baader RGB filters, ZWO ADC (probably badly adjusted), ASI 290MM Mini, CEM60.

Software: Focusing with contrast mode in NINA, data collection with ASICAP, AutoStakkert 3, PixInsight, ImageMagick

--Michael

• Kenny V., Jim Waters, deepwoods1 and 3 others like this

#2 Aquat0ne

Aquat0ne

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 06 August 2021 - 12:28 AM

Nice one. Really enjoy seeing these videos. How many hours of shooting did it take to capture it?

#3 mborland

mborland

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 06 August 2021 - 07:21 AM

Nice one. Really enjoy seeing these videos. How many hours of shooting did it take to capture it?

Thanks!

I took 16 sets of RGB videos over the course of nearly 3 hours. Each video was about 1 minute long, so the "frames" of the final GIF are 3 minutes apart. There's a big gap (1.5 hours) in the middle due to the problems described above.

--Michael

• Aquat0ne likes this

#4 Aquat0ne

Aquat0ne

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 06 August 2021 - 07:49 AM

Thanks!
I took 16 sets of RGB videos over the course of nearly 3 hours. Each video was about 1 minute long, so the "frames" of the final GIF are 3 minutes apart. There's a big gap (1.5 hours) in the middle due to the problems described above.

--Michael

Thanks for clarifying. Regardless of the jump in the middle the video is very impressive.
  • mborland likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics