•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkySafari6 Pro will not allow emailing of observing lists.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Michael2

Michael2

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:16 PM

When I try to use the email function in any of my observing lists I get either of the following messages :

Could not export list named “whatever the list is labelled” Invalid session token. OK

or

Could not email list named “whatever the list is labelled” . The list does not yet exist on the server. OK.

The lists have been created months ago.

If I use my old SkySafari 5 Pro it works fine and I can email the observing lists from it to myself and even open them in my SkySafari 6 Pro.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Michael.

#2 lphilpot

lphilpot

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Central Lousiana, USA

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:08 PM

When I try to email, it pops up a busy circle and finally after a while, an error: "i/o failure". SS6 Pro 6.8.6.3 on Android 11. Looks like we may have a bug. What platform are you on?

#3 Michael2

Michael2

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 08 August 2021 - 05:48 PM

Hi Len, platform 9 3/4 sprang to mind but I am using an iPad Air running 12.5.4. and SkySafari 6 Pro version 6.8.5.2.

I hope the Wizards on here can help.

Michael.

#4 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 August 2021 - 04:03 PM

In my case, I get a strange error, "This device cannot send email" - incorrect as I sharing via email from other apps works fine. iPad Pro, iOS 14.6, SS Pro 6.8.5.2. It's always been like this with SS6, I don't remember how SS5 was. I had the LiveSky subscription for a year but it was flaky so stopped using it.  The workaround to the error above is listed at https://support.simu...-observing-list, who knows, maybe it's related to the OP's problem as well.

#5 lphilpot

lphilpot

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Central Lousiana, USA

Posted 09 August 2021 - 04:28 PM

It may be indirectly related, but it's failing on both iOS  and Android, so there's more to it than just iOS. It's no biggie for me, since I don't use that function, though.

#6 Michael2

Michael2

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 09 August 2021 - 08:13 PM

Hi Razvan, thanks for the link. I checked mail in settings and all is as it should be. I can send email from the apple mail app as well as gmail. There is no problem using the mail function from my SS 5 Pro on the same iPad.

Hi Len, yes iPad and Android having the same issue points to SS as the problem.

Michael.

#7 Steve Cox

Steve Cox

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 09 August 2021 - 09:23 PM

You all are just reinforcing my confidence in my decision to "upgrade" from SS6 Pro back to SS5 Pro, especially as I also found LiveSky so flaky and about as reliable as Starry Night, that I need a standalone way to get my observations and lists back and forth to my desktop.

#8 Garry

Garry

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Belleville, MI

Posted 12 August 2021 - 02:17 PM

Hi Michael,

In regards to SS6Pro 6.8.5.2 on my iPad Pro iOS 14.7.1 the Email Observing List function is back to normal.

Simulation Curriculum’s Keiron Smith Today at 13:42

“Developers may have resolved this issue via server side.”

Give it another try,

Garry

#9 QK1

QK1

Vendor (Simulation Curriculum)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 12 August 2021 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, Garry, and yes please everyone give it another try.

#10 Michael2

Michael2

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 12 August 2021 - 04:56 PM

Thanks Garry, but no change here. Problem is just the same. Tried a number of lists and still get either the “invalid session token” or “not yet exist on sever” message. 

Do I need to delete and then reload the SkySafari app to benefit from their fix?

Michael

#11 Garry

Garry

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Belleville, MI

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:28 PM

Michael,

Just ran a test on an iPad Mini (iOS 12.5.4) with SS6Pro 6.8.5.2 & worked for me. Isn’t your  IPad Air using the same iOS & SS6Pro versions? 

What App are you using for email? Did you read the info linked by RazvanUnderStars regarding email?

On the iPad Air in SS6Pro Settings>Storage>Backup My Data To Cloud Storage recommend it be set to On.

”Do I need to delete and then reload the SkySafari app to benefit from their fix?”

This might be an option to try. Suggest that if you do this that you use the iPad Air “Offload App” feature in its Settings>General>iPad Storage>SkySafari Pro> Offload App. Then reinstall by tapping the SS6Pro icon on your screen that has the little download cloud on it. This method auto reinstalls all your data/Lists with the SS6Pro app. 

Garry

Edited by Garry, 12 August 2021 - 07:33 PM.

#12 Michael2

Michael2

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 12 August 2021 - 09:07 PM

Hi Garry, this seems to have been the answer :

“On the iPad Air in SS6Pro Settings>Storage>Backup My Data To Cloud Storage recommend it be set to On”.

Emailed two lists ok.

Thanks very much, I did not realise that setting existed.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in on thiswaytogo.gif

Michael.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics