•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NexDome

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Dente

Anthony Dente

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Moyers, Oklahoma

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:23 PM

Thinking about buying the NexDome Voyager.

Has anyone bought this or have suggestions on whether 

to buy it or not...!

Appreciate your advice 

Anthony

Attached Thumbnails

• BA7F9E6D-B70C-4D53-9E3C-5928C45E3F15.jpeg

Edited by Anthony Dente, 17 August 2021 - 08:30 PM.

• hornjs likes this

#2 hornjs

hornjs

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:36 PM

Conveniently the astro imaging channel just had a fellow presenting his recent experience with purchase / setup.  

https://youtu.be/vtM9qJvpRPc

• Anthony Dente likes this

#3 EmeraldHills

EmeraldHills

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Louisville, Kentucky

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:39 AM

Hi Anthony. You are exactly where I was just two weeks ago. I studied and researched and, for my part, at the end of the day, I went with an ExploraDome RBBLD-8 (the full building).

https://explora-dome.com/products/

It seemed like the owners of NexDomes mainly talked about the price point and were willing to compromise on quality. But it seemed like owners of ExploraDomes talked mainly about the quality but were willing to compromise (just a bit) on price. (Exploradomes are still a fraction of the cost of some of the other domes I researched -- that I couldn't afford.)

That was my journey though. Your journey might be different. : )

Doug

#4 Anthony Dente

Anthony Dente

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:00 AM

Hi Anthony. You are exactly where I was just two weeks ago. I studied and researched and, for my part, at the end of the day, I went with an ExploraDome RBBLD-8 (the full building).

https://explora-dome.com/products/

It seemed like the owners of NexDomes mainly talked about the price point and were willing to compromise on quality. But it seemed like owners of ExploraDomes talked mainly about the quality but were willing to compromise (just a bit) on price. (Exploradomes are still a fraction of the cost of some of the other domes I researched -- that I couldn't afford.)

That was my journey though. Your journey might be different. : )

Doug

Doug

Would you happen to have their phone number at ExploraDome...?

Edited by Anthony Dente, 18 August 2021 - 11:01 AM.

#5 EmeraldHills

EmeraldHills

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Louisville, Kentucky

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:33 PM

Sure, Anthony.

ExploraDome
62824 250th Street
Litchfield, MN 55355

Phone: 320-693-8370
Phone: 320-693-9323
Toll Free: 800-328-7659

Fax: 320-693-2434

Email:Dan@PolyDome.com
Email:Tony@PolyDome.com

I honestly think they're worth the call. I get nothing from them. There's no "affiliate" kickback. I'm just one beggar telling another where to find bread. But if you wouldn't mind telling them you heard about them on CloudyNights from Doug Lucas, maybe they'll at least know I'm saying good things about them. : ) They've predicted 6 to 8 weeks build time, but I've heard others say that that can stretch. (So can NexDome's, I understand.) Maybe if we work together, they'll put both our domes on a truck and send them forthwith. : )

Doug

Would you happen to have their phone number at ExploraDome...?

#6 Anthony Dente

Anthony Dente

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:51 PM

Sure, Anthony.

ExploraDome
62824 250th Street
Litchfield, MN 55355

Phone: 320-693-8370
Phone: 320-693-9323
Toll Free: 800-328-7659

Fax: 320-693-2434

Email:Dan@PolyDome.com
Email:Tony@PolyDome.com

I honestly think they're worth the call. I get nothing from them. There's no "affiliate" kickback. I'm just one beggar telling another where to find bread. But if you wouldn't mind telling them you heard about them on CloudyNights from Doug Lucas, maybe they'll at least know I'm saying good things about them. : ) They've predicted 6 to 8 weeks build time, but I've heard others say that that can stretch. (So can NexDome's, I understand.) Maybe if we work together, they'll put both our domes on a truck and send them forthwith. : )

Thank you, Doug...!

• EmeraldHills likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics