Third project from our observatory. I never thought the progress was that fast. We finished it before the new moon. This time, I tried bin 2 mode in RGB subs. This boosted the signal-to-noise ratio significantly, resulting in a noiseless, clean and sharp RGB data. The disadvantage is the star size was larger than what I obtained in bin 1 L subs. Therefore, I need to go for a star shrink process before LRGB combination. For this image, I did not do any noise reduction and sharpening in the linear format.
Mount: Astro-Physics 1100GTO
Telescope: Takahashi TOA-130NS
Focuser: 3.5 inch Feather touch focuser with HSM35 motor
Guide camera: Lodestar X2
Filter: Chorma LRGB, Astrodon 5 nm Ha and O3
L: 36*15 min, bin1
R: 25*7.5 min, bin2
G: 27*7.5 min, bin2
B: 27*7.5 min, bin2
Ha: 19*30 min, bin1
Post-processing: Pixinsight 1.8.6+Photoshop
C&C are welcomes
High-resolution image link
Edited by syxbach, 19 August 2021 - 08:40 AM.