•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pier-Tech 7x7.5 replacing deck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KShank

KShank

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: DFW Megaplex

Posted 20 August 2021 - 12:22 AM

Hi all

I have a 7' x 7.5' PT 2 (full building w/one full roof).  The wood deck it is mounted on is starting to rot along the edges after 12+ yrs.   So I need to do some maintenance.   

I am considering the kind of action that I see on some of these home shows where I lift the edges up, put a 4x4 under it in 3 parts and use screw lifts to get it a foot up.   Then go in and do the repair without having to tear the building down.   Has anyone done this and found it not to work?  

Since I have replaced the mount this year I also want to slide the building eastward (the roof rolls off eastward) to better position the mount.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Keith

#2 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• Loc: Pensacola, FL

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:24 AM

Hey Keith,

I would disassemble it.  The roof can be removed with two people.  The walls are simple and come apart.  Rebuild the deck/redo your pier and call it good.

• KShank likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics