•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexdome / RG-11 / Beaver Controller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Joelton, TN

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:18 AM

Hi!

I'm looking to connect an RG-11 to the Nexdome dome controller. On the new board, it looks pretty straightforward to connect using the left 4 slots on the bottom connector below --

IMG 0737

To confirm, would anyone with this setup be able to confirm my assumption is correct?

Thanks in advance.

#2 rpineau

rpineau

Open source X2 plugins for TheSkyX and RTI Zone

• Vendors
  • Loc: CA, USA

Posted 25 August 2021 - 10:58 AM

Yes :

RG11 12V (PWR1) to +Vin on the Beaver board

RG11 GND (PWR2) to GND on the Beaver board

RG11 NO output to RG-11 on the Beaver board

You also need to configure the switches on the RG11 to set it to trigger on first drop and a few other things :

1 - off
2 - off
3 - on
4 - off
5 - on
6 - off
7 - off
8 - off

• Omeganon likes this

#3 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:10 PM

Yes :

RG11 12V (PWR1) to +Vin on the Beaver board

RG11 GND (PWR2) to GND on the Beaver board

RG11 NO output to RG-11 on the Beaver board

You also need to configure the switches on the RG11 to set it to trigger on first drop and a few other things :

1 - off
2 - off
3 - on
4 - off
5 - on
6 - off
7 - off
8 - off

Awesome, thanks. I'd already bookmarked your similar comment at https://www.cloudyni.../#entry10399202. That was the impetus for me going down this path in the first place =)

#4 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 August 2021 - 03:09 PM

Following up on this, it does work, sort-of.  The RG-11 works as expected, the Beaver Dome Status app correctly reflects the Safe/Not Safe status, but that status does not make it to the ASCOM Beaver SafetyMonitor. Status there is always not safe. NINA never sees the correct status so I can't use it there, but the Beaver Dome driver *will* do the right thing and close the shutter.

I've been in touch with the developer and apparently I'm the first to try this. It's not a documented feature and support for the SafetyMonitor was only added to the software in the last update. It's mostly there it seems and they're going to look at why it's not making it to the ASCOM interface properly.

#5 Omeganon

Omeganon

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 August 2021 - 04:27 PM

I've been in touch with the developer and apparently I'm the first to try this. It's not a documented feature and support for the SafetyMonitor was only added to the software in the last update. It's mostly there it seems and they're going to look at why it's not making it to the ASCOM interface properly.

...aaaaaand should be fixed in the next driver release (soon).

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics