•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

skyshed pod xl3 sketchup file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teethlikecorn

teethlikecorn

Lift Off

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Temple Tx

Posted 27 August 2021 - 08:06 PM

I have a skyshed pod and in progress of designing the layout for it in sketchup. I have taken a file from 3d warehouse to get started with, but was wondering if anyone has a sketchup drawing of observatory they worked on or if there would be any interest in mine once I get it presentable. Don't want to reinvent the wheel if not needed. Trying to decide on making this platform elevated a few feet. Would get much better viewing, but the pier is a daunting prospect if I get it too tall. Will have power, ethernet, security, etc out there. It is close to my shop. Any suggestions or ideas? Where am I screwing up in my design? It is in the only real spot where I can see the ecliptic and polaris. I want to do mainly planetary stuff now, but work towards deep sky eventually.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210827_195128_compress19.jpg

#2 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 07:28 AM

Mine is bit complex with warming shed and all; details/diagrams, etc. here.... Regards

#3 teethlikecorn

teethlikecorn

Lift Off

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Temple Tx

Posted 30 August 2021 - 02:55 PM

Thanks looks nice. Very similar to what I am doing. I think a second pier is the way to go too.
  • mmalik likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics