•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Not gonna lie: I'm excited about this pier-tech bottom plate

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EmeraldHills

EmeraldHills

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Louisville, Kentucky

Posted 28 August 2021 - 04:07 PM

This - is so fun.

pier-tech_bottom_plate.jpg

It just FEELS classy in every way. Super-beefy. So shiny. Feels like a million dollars. And almost cost that much. hahaha

Just kidding.

The Pier-tech 1 (PT-28) (which doesn't raise and lower at the touch of a button) ended up being $1173 with shipping. See it here:

http://piertechinc.c...rs/pier-tech-1/

For a guy in my situation (with zero experience making piers or top plates), it seemed like a great option, especially with all this milled aluminum finish.

I explained to Vito that we were going to pour the concrete soon, so he agreed to send me the bottom plate while they are making the rest of the pier. Nice guy.

• Raginar and torsinadoc like this

#2 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 28 August 2021 - 05:40 PM

Good looking no doubt!

Unless the specific plate/bolts are a requirement for your setup, template can be created easily and can be as beefy. Regards

Note: pierplates.com... solution shown

The Template...

post-205769-0-23020600-1626558846_thumb.

Edited by mmalik, 28 August 2021 - 05:42 PM.

• EmeraldHills and Raginar like this

#3 EmeraldHills

EmeraldHills

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 28 August 2021 - 08:27 PM

Hello MMalik. What I was trying to say is that I've already taken delivery on the bottom plate pictured above. So, lamentably, I won't be able to use your idea for something self-made. 

#4 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 29 August 2021 - 08:09 AM

I knew you had already bought it. My question was, was the metal plate/template a 'requirement' for your PierTech pier? It may have been since PierTech piers are bit different? Regards

#5 EmeraldHills

EmeraldHills

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:12 PM

Maybe not so much a requirement as it is a standard component. It just ... comes that way.

I knew you had already bought it. My question was, was the metal plate/template a 'requirement' for your PierTech pier? It may have been since PierTech piers are bit different? Regards

#6 eastwd

eastwd

Mariner 2

• Loc: Nashville

Posted 29 August 2021 - 09:17 PM

I have a Pier-Tech 3 (the pre-2021 model) that I bought new eight years ago that came with the base plate and J-bolts in your photo. I agree it’s very nice. Glad to hear you’re pleased with yours, too.
  • EmeraldHills likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics