•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Autostar II holder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bellsprings

Bellsprings

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:00 PM

Hello,

I seemed to have lost my Meade Autostar II hand controller holder that clamped on to the handle on the fork mount . Looks like they have discontinued it. I can't even find one on Ebay! What are you using to hold your controller. I was thinking of Velcro.

Thanks

Loran

#2 DJL

DJL

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 August 2021 - 12:25 AM

I don't use a hand controller for my HEQ5 right now, but I do have 2 power supplies which I fix to a tripod leg using koozies (also known as beer can or soda can sleeves). I cut holes into the sides for velcro straps to go through and then around the tripod leg. I expect a hand controller could also be mounted this way. 

#3 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Gemini

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 29 August 2021 - 07:45 AM

Hello,

I seemed to have lost my Meade Autostar II hand controller holder that clamped on to the handle on the fork mount . Looks like they have discontinued it. I can't even find one on Ebay! What are you using to hold your controller. I was thinking of Velcro.

Thanks

Loran

2" velcro is what I use.  It allows me to have multiple locations I can place the hand control.  

You might look at 3d printing a holder though, much more cost effective I think 

#4 Bellsprings

Bellsprings

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 29 August 2021 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought of a 3d printer, not having one and not wanting a divorce, I think it will be both a drink koozie and Velcro.

#5 DJL

DJL

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 August 2021 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought of a 3d printer, not having one and not wanting a divorce, I think it will be both a drink koozie and Velcro.

I thought about making power supply holders out of wood, till I spotted the koozies. Before that I used to thread the power supply cables through the holes in the eyepiece holder under my tripod which is never used for its original purpose. 

Edited by DJL, 29 August 2021 - 08:22 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics