•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GSO 12 RC - Mirror support to Visual Back adaptor?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dansawyer

dansawyer

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:35 PM

I recently purchased a GSO 12 f8 RC. I do not have an accurate history but it was definitely on a path to upgrade when someone decided to abandon the project. It has a carbon tube and came with an Integra 85 focusor. I would like to use it in visual mode for a while but have no idea what a common visual back interface would be. The scope has a 4.6 diameter OD aligmnment interface with external threads. There appears to be a mounting adaptor wiht three 5 mm threaded holes to mount the Integra. I would estimate the hole pattern is about 5 inch diameter, just slightly larger than the OD of the alignment ring.

There is a referance to these threads here: https://agenaastro.c...ined.html#large They are the last one in the list, 117x1mm

What is a common interface to move to for general visual back interface for this OTA? Is there a visual adaptor already available?

(based on finding the threads I may remove Integra adaptor plate make a visual back adaptor. I hate to dissamble the OTA though).

Thanks, Dan

Edited by dansawyer, 10 September 2021 - 05:36 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics