•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Meade Diagonal question...

Equipment Meade
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Dubreuil

Dubreuil

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:01 AM

PM me your address. You can have my Meade diagonal. Nothing wrong with it other than I can't remove the case screws. I'll just give my bride one of my Baader diagonals - she'll like the white one. wink.gif

And start a thread in the equipment forum about your finder with lots of pictures and we'll see what we can figure out about that, while we're at it. laugh.gif

Like I said above lots of good people out there.  

The person I bought the diagonal from just sent me back my money minus the shipping of course (that is fair) and I shipped it back to him.  I have ordered a new one.  Not much stock avialable but went with the Antares SCT version and added the Celestron twist 2" to 1.25" adaptor.

wrvond.  Thanks for the offer.  I really appreciate that.  If I had not been able to return it I would have taken you up on that.  Means a lot to know there are still good people out there willing to help others.  When I get back home I will post my finder scope issues along with lots of pictures.  Probably tomorrow or day after.  

Thanks again for all the help.

• wrvond likes this

#27 Dubreuil

Dubreuil

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:02 PM

Man, this just keeps getting better.  I just got my replacement diagonal Antares 2″ 90° Dielectric Diagonal for SCT and when I put it on the back of my Nexstar 6SE as tight as I can get the collar the diagonal is still loose enough to rotate..... What am I doing wrong?

#28 MisterDan

MisterDan

Viking 1

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 27 September 2021 - 09:57 PM

Man, this just keeps getting better.  I just got my replacement diagonal Antares 2″ 90° Dielectric Diagonal for SCT and when I put it on the back of my Nexstar 6SE as tight as I can get the collar the diagonal is still loose enough to rotate..... What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps nothing!

First thing to do is check the threads (especially those on the diagonal collar, but check the 6's port, as well), to make sure nothing is "stopping" or preventing full/complete threading.

You can also try to determine if the collar isn't threaded "deep" enough, such that it simply runs out of threads "before" the flange on the diagonal's nosepiece is clamped securely against the rear port.

If there is a "gap" between the rear port and the nosepiece flange when the collar is fully tightened, you could use a ring spacer of some sort (ala washer or gasket).  However, you might wish to discuss the situation with Antares (and/or the retailer from whom you purchased the diagonal).  If I were in your shoes, this latest issue may have "pushed me" (i.e. ticked me off) enough to make that call, rather than just "deal with it," on my own.

As usual, photos may be helpful.

Hang in there.  I know that sounds trite and lame, but I mean it sincerely.

Best wishes.

Dan

Edited by MisterDan, 27 September 2021 - 09:57 PM.

#29 wrvond

wrvond

Soyuz

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 28 September 2021 - 06:11 AM

Everything I'm reading indicates a 2" SCT thread visual back will fit a Nexstar 6SE without issue. So any diagonal with a 2" SCT thread collar ought to connect right up. shrug.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Meade

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics