•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AT92 and Baader Maxbright II

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 gul1337

gul1337

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Roanoke, VA

Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:37 PM

I did some testing last few nights, and in the end I returned 18mm UFF. They were nice, but not that much nicer than my 18mm Ortho. Wider field had a wow factor, but in the end it looked similar to 18mm BCO. But since I'm not gonna give up my 18BCO, they had to go. It was also close to Baader Zoom performance...

24mm Panoptics were so tempting that I almost got them lol.gif ,  (ES 24mm68 was the reason I got Maxbright II), And I know deep inside that this is buy once, cry oncelol.gif lol.gif lol.gif, but in the end I think for now I will just use pair of 32mm Plossl's for max FOV.

On the other hand pulled the trigger on 1 piece of 18.2 DeLite. I hope it will be good choice. If I like it in cyclops mode, I will probably get a second one for bino... or Just have my 18mm BCO and get more focal lengths of DeLite's....

I started to have too many eyepieces for my scopes ( AT92/ Orion Optics 140mm f14 Mak and Apetura 10"f5 Dob)

Pairs of Orthos 6/10/12.5/18

Pair of GSO Plosssl 32

Pair of Baader Zoom

APM UFF 30mm

Russell Optics - 50mm Super Plossl

5x Powermate

2.25x Zoom Barlow

I don't really have eyepieces for DSO, so I was thinking to add few DeLite's as I'm not that crazy about super wide fields and prefer better correction.

My F14 Mak spoiled me, as I could use cheap eyepieces with it, and now that I got AT92 It does not look as nice with simple stuff....

I still need to try 50mm Plossl in AT92, this may be the ultimate finder for my Mak  lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Adam

#27 MarMax

MarMax

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 03 October 2021 - 01:19 PM

I think you will like the 18.2mm DeLite. After trying the APM UFF18's and realizing that their wide body does not work I bought a pair of 18.2mm DeLite's which I've de-cloaked and they are really nice and super comfortable. The BCO 18's are still my favorite for the Orion Linear binoviewer but the DeLite's are better in the Mark V and CZAS.

gallery_332504_16119_26515.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics