•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tried some lunar tonight. Could have went better...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:29 AM

Well, these where a fight. Ended up walking away. My asi224 is basically useless at least with the laptop, images kept freezing, had distorted shutter blind effects. Tried another cable didn't work. The sloppy image shift with the edge HD 8 also didn't help matters making focus impossible in the roiling atmosphere.

I think it might be the laptop. Or camera. Doubt it's the cable will maybe plug it into the desktop and see if it'll work. Out with that idea as my plans to add Saturn which for some reason was invisible to cameras, so I grabbed the 290mm mini for some USB 2 lunar attempts.

Atmosphere was worse then indicated. Seems there is some humidity in the air probably not helping the conditions, possibly too much for the edge HD 8 with it's image shifting mirror. Scope might just end up back in storage. 

Anyway I tried but couldn't quite hit that sweet spot for focus. First two with the edge (I even used the sharpened image from autostakkert to tell you how bad the images where) and last AT80EDT.

Didn't use the ir850 filter on these images, the filter seemed to kind of work but didn't as it really dimmed the images. Just the standard zwo L filter that came with my deep sky lrgb set 

Attached Thumbnails

• 8face.jpg
  • 8texture.jpg
  • moo80edt.jpg

• Kenny V., John_Moore, WarmWeatherGuy and 4 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics