•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Confusion with not setting/setting DST with ASIair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psy1280

psy1280

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:28 AM

I'm waiting for my back ordered ASIair Plus to arrive and trying to do some homework in the meantime. I'm confused over different views on setting the time for the AIR when using a Celestron mount (AVX for me).

Some say to be sure to set the hand controller to standard time and to also set the (in my case) iPad to standard time also. Others say, just disable the DST on the hand controller and leave the iPad alone. Assuming the former, i.e., both AIR and iPad need to be standard time then how does one set standard time on an iPad when it has automatically chosen DST?

Also, will the AIR pick up the latitude/longitude from the iPad or will I have to enter this from the hand controller? And if from the hand controller, will I have to input this information each time I use the AIR?

If anyone is using the AVX mount with the AIR, I'd love to hear your success with setting things up.

Much thanks,

Joe

#2 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:51 AM

Set the AVX hand controller to standard time (an hour off currently). The Air will use the pads location and time data for its operation.

This thread on ZWO’s forums answers all your other questions very well I think
https://bbs.astronom...iair-pro-to-avx
  • AhBok likes this

#3 psy1280

psy1280

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:06 PM

Great, thank you!

Joe

#4 calypsob

calypsob

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:13 PM

They dont use dst in china so if you skip that step it will either slew to the exact opposite side or not work at all

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics