•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Question about Celestron 48mm T-Adapter for Edge HD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ron (Lubbock)

Ron (Lubbock)

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pittstown, NY

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:52 AM

I would like to attach my QHY268M to my Celestron C11 EdgeHD, but the standard 42 mm T-thread adapter is vignetting in the corners, as expected.  The Celestron 48mm T-Adapter for Edge HD is the right part to order, but I need to know if it connects to the male end of the 0.7x reducer or not.  Since I always use the reducer for imaging, this adapter won't do a bit of good if it only connects directly to the scope.  Is anyone experienced with using this part with the reducer?

https://www.highpoin...BYaAtvJEALw_wcB

Edited by Ron (Lubbock), 15 September 2021 - 10:54 AM.

#2 SilverLitz

SilverLitz

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Louisville, KY

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:26 AM

Ron,

My Celestron 48mm T-Adapter threads exactly into the output of my 0.7x Reducer for my EdgeHD 925, just as it would onto the Edge w/o the reducer.

I believe the 9.25, 11, and 14 inch EdgeHD have the exact same sizes and BF distance, and therefore this Celestron 48mm T-Adapter should work for you 11".  But you would not be able to use the COAG, as it would go where the T-Adapter goes, as I expect you already know.  So I assume you are using the QHY OAG or guidescope, or is your ONAG short enough to fit in the remaining 55mm?

Edited by SilverLitz, 15 September 2021 - 11:30 AM.

• Ron (Lubbock) likes this

#3 Ron (Lubbock)

Ron (Lubbock)

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pittstown, NY

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:55 AM

It's a very close call with back-focus, even without the ONAG in the imaging train.  I can't really say without having the part in-hand and screwing it all together, unfortunately.  I'm willing to risk the $60 or so and get the part, and just deal with the lack of autoguiding later.  Thanks for letting me know that it connects to the reducer, though!

Edited by Ron (Lubbock), Yesterday, 05:46 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics