•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter and new storm? September 15

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cometcatcher

cometcatcher

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mackay Australia

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:59 AM

Jupiter in good seeing. I think I may have caught the start of a little white storm breaking out, above the red spot in the northern EQ belt.

12" F5 Newtonian, Svbony SV305 + barlow. September 15, 13 06 UT.

Sharpcap, AS!3 and PS.

Jupiter_20210915_23_06_03.jpg

• Sunspot, lukasik, sfugardi and 14 others like this

#2 adlartok

adlartok

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Don't know about the storm being new or not but it is a beautiful image. let me ask you a question as well. How are you getting that Vignette along the edge of the planet all the way around.

#3 NorthernlatAK

NorthernlatAK

Apollo

Posted Yesterday, 11:49 AM

It's been there at least a couple weeks. There are several images in this forum which show it. Great capture btw! Without reading I would have thought it was a 14" scope.

#4 cometcatcher

cometcatcher

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted Today, 08:01 AM

Don't know about the storm being new or not but it is a beautiful image. let me ask you a question as well. How are you getting that Vignette along the edge of the planet all the way around.

The vignetting? It's just the way it seems to have turned out. I didn't do anything special to it.

#5 cometcatcher

cometcatcher

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted Today, 08:02 AM

It's been there at least a couple weeks. There are several images in this forum which show it. Great capture btw! Without reading I would have thought it was a 14" scope.

Okay I must have missed the storm before.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics