•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Bahtinov mask:lx200 10" f6.3 vs f10 mask

Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gombies64

Gombies64

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:39 PM

I have a Meade lx200 10" f6.3 (1998) Finally able to use my scope after some much needed repairs and going again with all the assistance from this astronomical community. I am going to try astro imaging with older Canon EOS Rebel.  Focusing question: Does any one know if the Bahtinov mask pattern is the same for f6.3 as the f10. ? Gotta start somewhere.  Thanks if anyone knows or has advice on this topic. I would be doing prime focus, not the camera. Appreciated as usual. 

#2 johnpd

johnpd

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:14 AM

I am not aware of any issues due to focal ratio differences. It is as if you had a shorter focal length scope. I have used a number of Bahtinov masks depending on what scope I use. They are based on the aperture of the scope.

JohnD

#3 michael8554

michael8554

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:27 AM

The designs I've seen are based on the F number - a 10" F5 has more, thinner, bars than the 10" F10 design

Of course the 10" F5 has half the FL of the 10" F10.

I use an 8" F10 mask on my 8" F6.3 SCT, and it seems to work okay.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics