•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My first picture of Venus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AstroCub

AstroCub

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:20 PM

Hi

I took my first ever picture of Venus last evening! Hope you like it

Canon T7i >>> Celestron 1.25" Universal Barlow and T-Adapter part no.#93640 >>> Baader Amici prism >>> Celeste, my 8" Edge Evolution

IS01600

Venus taken by Bobby 14th September 2021 original jpg 0232.JPG

Edited by AstroCub, 15 September 2021 - 08:08 PM.

• Sunspot, bill w, Kenny V. and 9 others like this

#2 Cali

Cali

Vanguard

• Loc: Bay Area

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:58 PM

This is really nice. Bonus Points if you can take a pic of Venus through multiple phases. I've tried to visually match its phases with the phases of the moon, just for kicks. I know you can look this stuff up and predict it but I throw that to the wind and just go out and look/take pics because its a lot...more...fun...(I have a photo taken on my iphone of the crescent Moon kissing Venus on July 15th, 2018, but the sizeof of the pic is *Too Big* to upload. Sorry. )

- Cal

Edited by Cali, 15 September 2021 - 03:21 PM.

• AstroCub likes this

#3 AstroCub

AstroCub

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:12 PM

This is really nice. Bonus Points if you can take a pic of Venus through multiple phases. I've tried to visually match its phases with the phases of the moon, just for kicks. I know you can look this stuff up and predict it but I throw that to the wind and just go out and look/take pics because its a lot...more...fun...(I have a photo taken on my iphone of the crescent Moon kissing Venus on July 15th, 2018, but the sizeof of the pic is *Too Big* to upload. Sorry. )

- Cal

Hi Cal, thanks! 

Yeah, me too - I do a certain of prep & research but, like most photography I think, I enjoy taking opportunistic pictures EG I didn't plant on imaging Venus last night but there she was!! 

Your photo sounds lovely! Maybe one day you could it compressed somehow and post it, I'd love to see it!

Take care & clear skies

Siouxsie 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics