•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Running PIPP from the command line

Imaging Software
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MantisMan4700

MantisMan4700

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lunenburg, MA

Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:15 PM

Hi everyone,

I have many short videos of Jupiter that I want to run PIPP on. I thought I could run PIPP from the command line with options and do this with a bash or bat script. But I can't find any information on this. It seems like you should be able to tell PIPP to use a specific "pipp_options" file. But I can't find any information after googling for a while.

Does anyone do this? Does anyone know a reference that describes how to run PIPP from the command line?

Thanks,

Bob

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

Did you try (from the command line) PIPP -h.  or PIPP -help. ?

#3 MantisMan4700

MantisMan4700

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lunenburg, MA

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried that. But I think I answered my own question. PIPP lets you load-up several files at once, and then it will process each the same way. So I don't really need to do it from the command line with a script.

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imaging, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics