QHY268M is my first camera from QHY. I have had ZWO cameras (ASI071MC-Pro and ASI2600MC-Pro). I realized something that I have not seen with ZWO cameras so wanna clarify:
* Green LED inside: when I connect the camera to the computer and power supply, the green light is turned on inside of heat sink chamber. It is turned off when cooling started. Is this same of other users? It is very bright so wonder if it indicates something or not.
* When the camera is connected to a power, cooling started automatically even I didn't start any imaging software or connect to the camera via ASCOM or native driver. Looks like target temperature is 0 degrees Celsius, and depends on current ambient temperature, it could hit 100% cooling power immediately. I'm worrying about thermal shock. ZWO cameras do not have such behavior.. Is this normal for QHY268M? This also cause not only power surging but also cause unnecessary power consuming. When it happened, the camera consumes about 2A. I'm 100% mobile user and I need time to preparation before actual imaging started, for focusing, polar alignment, sometimes modeling, and waiting until my target is high enough. During the period, I do not turn on cooling to save power only comes from battery. Only way I can prevent it is disconnecting from power but then some of the preparation steps are not available. Is there any way, I could start without cooling?
* Seems my QJY268M cannot reach -35 degree delta. I have multiple thermometer around my desk, they point 24-26 degrees Celsius. But QHY268M only cooled down to -6.4 degree Celsius. While the 32.5 delta is not very far from spec but ASI2600MC-Pro could reach -10 degree Celsius easily under same condition. Is your camera able to reach the maximum?
* The window heater... is there anyway turn it off? There must be a case it is very useful. But when humidity is low, it just consumes unnecessary power and also affect on cooling itself. I experienced it with ZWO camera. When I turned off the heater, cooling could go further although it was not dramatical difference.
* ASCOM driver does not report sensor temperature until cooling started. It is always 25 degrees Celsius. Cooling power is 0% until cooling is started while it is already consuming power as mentioned above. This 0% power case is same for native driver while it shows sensor temperature. Does your device/driver have same behavior?