•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Guiding and PEC Correction with ASIAIR - Practical Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Tucker

John Tucker

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:01 AM

Are people doing this and how?  I saw a post about this but I'm too stupid to understand the explanation.  

I have Backyard Eos on a laptop and it has a nice little crosshair with 5x optical zoom and "Live View".  I was thinking I could just record a PEC curve manually that way and run the mount through ASIAIR as a SynScan mount (rather than as an EQMOD mount) with the handset control set to "Sidereal with PEC correction".  

Will that work?

Is there a better way that someone with substantially below average intelligence can understand?

• hornjs likes this

#2 hornjs

hornjs

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:45 AM

I don't think you have below average intelligence.  i was thinking this exact same thing this am.  Even if I can record a PEC and store it on my mount board (eq6r through eqmod for instance), how do I get ASI to "activate" it or make sure it is running.  I think in eqmod, you have to toggle PEC correction "on" even if it is stored on the board.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics