•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone heard from starman876?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Linn

Linn

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

Hi all, we have been keeping tabs on Rolo and his journey, but I have realized I have not seen any posting from our Unitron expert. Last we heard he was working his sunroom and finishing up the restoration of a scope. His profile says he has not checked in since early July. With the way things are I hope he doing well and just busy fitting out the sunroom.

• Jon Isaacs, DreamWeaver, steve t and 2 others like this

#2 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:30 AM

A few took their ball and went home it seems due to changes in vendor rules.  But not sure what the reason is for Starman.  I was told he was redoing his house and on a vacation.

#3 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:14 AM

Maybe they should be given some time, some private space  After all 2 1/2 months in the summer is not a long time to disappear from .........

#4 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:46 AM

Maybe they should be given some time, some private space  After all 2 1/2 months in the summer is not a long time to disappear from .........

You can bet if i stop posting for over 2 months then i bit the bullet or got kicked off of here.  So if i ever stop posting you guys know what is up.

• SandyHouTex and wrnchhead like this

#5 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:52 AM

You can bet if i stop posting for over 2 months then i bit the bullet or got kicked off of here.  So if i ever stop posting you guys know what is up.

OK, thanks.

• wrnchhead likes this

#6 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: 39.07°N, 229m AMSL, USA

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:58 AM

But not sure what the reason is for Starman.  I was told he was redoing his house and on a vacation.

I exchanged e-mails with him about a month ago. J assured me he was fine and just taking time off to attend to more importantly things like finishing his new solarium, quality family time, etc. He also assured me that he would be back.

• Jon Isaacs, tim53, DreamWeaver and 9 others like this

#7 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:11 AM

I exchanged e-mails with him about a month ago. J assured me he was fine and just taking time off to attend to more importantly things like finishing his new solarium, quality family time, etc. He also assured me that he would be back.

A great write up  Even fellow astronomers need time to themselves away from 'the maddening crowds', to quote a line from somewhere, lol

Edited by LDW47, 17 September 2021 - 12:34 PM.

• steve t and Terra Nova like this

#8 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Hubble

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:51 AM

A great write up  Even fellow astronomers need time to themselves away from 'the maddening crowds', to quote a line from somewhere, lol

"(Far from the) Madding Crowd" to be pedantic..! grin.gif lol.gif  Thomas Hardy's 1874 novel - I had to look it up although I remembered that it was "madding" but in doing so found there is a difference between "madding" which implies the crowd is mad & "maddening" suggesting the crowd drives oneself mad...makes sense from an older English grammatical perspective.

• Jon Isaacs and Vesper818 like this

#9 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:48 AM

"(Far from the) Madding Crowd" to be pedantic..! grin.gif lol.gif  Thomas Hardy's 1874 novel - I had to look it up although I remembered that it was "madding" but in doing so found there is a difference between "madding" which implies the crowd is mad & "maddening" suggesting the crowd drives oneself mad...makes sense from an older English grammatical perspective.

I stick by my post but I wondered who I would catch on my miswording, lol

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics