•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First attempt at NGC 7380. Rasa 8 + NBZ filter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:52 PM

I have no clue how I pulled this off. It's not perfect, shot it as a test. Have been struggling with guiding for a while, basically reset ekos, and seems so far done the trick, will have to see if the reset did the trick through being shut down for a while.

Anyway on a whim, figured why not, stuck the rasa on the EQ 6 R pro, shoved the Idas NBZ filter into the filter drawer stuck the asi533 on the end of it, lowered my expectations and got guiding to finally work and I managed to get about 45x120 second subs in my bortle 8/9 73% illuminated waxing gibbous moon skies. No calibration frames as I almost fell asleep outside and just wanted to look at the what I considered test data. Thought I'd put it up anyway.

Just some basic levels and background extraction and green noise removal. I might be able to play with this data more. See if I can figure out starnet or maybe the OSC narrowband trick.

I wasn't expecting this for sure...

Attached Thumbnails

• 1wizardnbzrasa.jpg

• mikewayne3 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics