•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with moon phase composite print?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:16 AM

Hey folks! So it’s my daughter’s birthday month and as a gift, she requested a moon phase print shot and framed by her dad. I’m in the process of capturing 5 phases which I’d like to lay out horizontally and then have merged and printed, say something like a 12” x 30” size. Not a software or processing guy by any means…..just rude Ps and planetary stuff. Any guidance on how/what to use for the layout?…..and who to send the image file to for printing?

Thanks in advance.

• Tim J Fowler likes this

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:44 AM

Funny, Ive been planning something like this for years, and my daughter's wall is likely where it will go. Ive been taking the images for years, just needs me to buckle down and get busy. Photoshop would be best, or a freebie like GIMP, and youtube will show you how.

• mayhem13 likes this

#3 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:18 PM

I’ll have to search out YouTube for some tutorials i suppose. Ever feel like your brain has reached it’s new info intake capacity! LOL

#4 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:44 PM

I had some large graphics printed by Office Depot for me a couple years ago for a museum piece.  Brought them the file and they did the rest.

• mayhem13 likes this

#5 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Viking 1

• Loc: Seneca, South Carolina

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:06 AM

Are you looking for something like this? It's 12" X 36.6" for a 4 image composite.

Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• Moon composite small.jpg

Edited by Tim J Fowler, 19 September 2021 - 09:10 AM.

• mayhem13 likes this

#6 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:50 PM

Are you looking for something like this? It's 12" X 36.6" for a 4 image composite.

Tim

Just like that Tim…..but 5 phases….waxing, quarter, full, quarter, waning. I’m two phases in with the full coming tomorrow night…..just have to pray for cooperating weather for the last two! Lol

#7 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Viking 1

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:55 PM

Just like that Tim…..but 5 phases….waxing, quarter, full, quarter, waning. I’m two phases in with the full coming tomorrow night…..just have to pray for cooperating weather for the last two! Lol

Good luck with the weather. If you need, I can make the image file like above for you, just give me a little direction on placement, closer, farther apart, etc. I think with 5 images it will be larger than you're anticipating, if you do want it to be 12"H. This 5 frame composite is 50"W if scaled to print 12"H.

Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• Moon Composite 3 small.jpg

Edited by Tim J Fowler, 20 September 2021 - 11:58 AM.

• John_Moore and mayhem13 like this

#8 mayhem13

mayhem13

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:17 PM

50” would be fine! Thanks for the help…..I’ll send them as soon as I’ve captured them all.

#9 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Viking 1

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:08 AM

50” would be fine! Thanks for the help…..I’ll send them as soon as I’ve captured them all.

You're more than welcome. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics