•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Issue with Pixinsight showing a black box as my cursor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stephen.kennedy

stephen.kennedy

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Strawn, Texas

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:52 AM

I have a fully-licensed version of Pixinsight on my computer and for some off reason I have a black box appear as my cursor when trying to do a dynamic crop which makes completing the process very difficult. Remedies for this issue are appreciated. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1091 (1).jpg

#2 ChiTownXring

ChiTownXring

Viking 1

• Loc: Sugar Grove, IL

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

Have to ask the obvious.. Is this only happening in Pixinsight? Did you upgrade it recently? Is it only happening when using Dynamic crop?

Edited by ChiTownXring, 17 September 2021 - 10:57 AM.

#3 StephenW

StephenW

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:55 PM

Which version of PI are you using?   The latest 1.8.8-9 or something else?

PI draws custom cursors, depending on which process you are using, if you're over an image etc etc.

It seems that there are some issues with the updated QT library included with the latest PI 1.8.8-9, so yo might try going back to 1.8.8-8 and seeing if that helps

#4 nebulasaurus

nebulasaurus

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Mostly Cloudy New Hampshire

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:12 PM

What OS?  Linux, Mac, Windows?

#5 jdupton

jdupton

Soyuz

• Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 17 September 2021 - 06:17 PM

Stephen,

I agree with @StephenW. To me, this looks like an interaction between the QT library functions and either the video card device driver or the version of DirectX installed.

I would fist check the video card device driver to see how old it is and whether an update may be available. I would also check that you have the latest version of MS DirectX installed. QT may have a minimum requirement with respect to supported DirectX versions.

John

Edited by jdupton, 17 September 2021 - 06:43 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics