•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Saturn September 10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sunspot

Sunspot

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

Hello everyone,

Saturn images from September 10. I miss did my processing here and the final results are noisier than I wanted. Too lazy to redo it though. LOL!!

http://www.sunspot51...54_RGB_pmax.jpg

Paul M.

• Kenny V., John O'Grady, RedLionNJ and 3 others like this

#2 adlartok

adlartok

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:08 PM

so beautiful, how did it look thru the eyepiece? I only image with my phone...but wow the view thru the eyepiece is so stunning. I look forward to the day I capture an image like that😊...well done. All y'all that take time to get such superb images of our cosmic neighbors...thank you...such devotion and attention to details is admirable.
  • Sunspot likes this

#3 Sunspot

Sunspot

Voyager 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:44 PM

Oddly enough, I almost never look through the eyepiece. My system is optimized for imaging so I just never need to look through the eyepiece..

I do appreciate the kind words though. smile.gif

Paul M.

• adlartok likes this

#4 Ittaku

Ittaku

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:52 PM

What's an eyepiece?

#5 Sunspot

Sunspot

Voyager 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:19 PM

What's an eyepiece?

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I have a University Optics 18mm orthoscopic eyepiece I paid $25(US) for about 30 years ago. It's the only one on my astronomy cart. I use it to get the planet in the correct spot in the FOV before attaching the camera. And here I thought I was the only one. grin.gif

• Ittaku likes this

#6 Ittaku

Ittaku

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:23 PM

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I have a University Optics 18mm orthoscopic eyepiece I paid $25(US) for about 30 years ago. It's the only one on my astronomy cart. I use it to get the planet in the correct spot in the FOV before attaching the camera. And here I thought I was the only one. grin.gif

I have a nice collection of eyepieces I grabbed when I first started in this hobby thinking I'd be doing 100% observation and never get into imaging. It turned out I was right about the 100%, but the wrong way around.

On the other hand, I do have a dob for DSO viewing at my holiday house, but lockdown has basically prevented me getting out there and using it for the last 6 months. I suspect when I finally get out there, I'll just use it for imaging planets as well.

#7 adlartok

adlartok

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:56 PM

what? I am flabbergasted! I plop down on the observing chair with an Oliva serie G cigar and a couple fingers of Plantation original dark rum and see what I can see. I must admit though it is fun to capture video with the phone then go thru the post processing to see what I got.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics